So this has become a bit of a favorite post every year for me. It’s my annual “here’s what I read” post. If you aren’t really a reader let me push you a bit to make 2015 the year that changes. Set a reasonable goal for yourself and get started. Maybe one or two of these will be interesting to you:
- 24/6 – Sleeth
- How to be Rich – Stanley
- Growth Hacker Marketing – Holiday
- Jab, Jab, Jab, Right hook – Vaynerchuk
- It’s Better to Build Boys Than Mend Men – Cathy
- Worry Free Finances – Siebeling
- The Essential Wooden – Wooden
- Silos, Politics and Turf Wars – Lencioni
- Emotionally Healthy Church – Scazzerro
- Be Real – Bezet
- Unleash! – Noble
- Overwhelmed – Noble
- The Rise of the Nones – White
- Difference – Jiwa
- I like giving – Formsma
- Four Cups – Hodges
- Switch – Heath
- Creativity, Inc. – Catmull
- Moment Maker – Whittaker
- The Zimzum of love – Bell
- Cover Her – Hairston
- The Grace of God – Stanley
- The War of Art – Pressfield
- Die Empty – Henry
- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader – Lewis
- The 17 Essential Qualities of a Team Player – Maxwell
My favorite read this year would have to be Creativity, Inc by Catmull. It’s basically a behind the scenes look at the world of Pixar and their creative processes. I absolutely loved it. I loved the stories behind the stories – like how the movie UP was originally about a castle floating in the sky where a king lived with his two sons – each one trying to inherit the kingdom.
Another great read from this year was Andy Stanley’s The Grace of God. Honestly, if you’re looking for something to renew your faith or maybe you are exploring faith in general – you gotta read that book.
Looking over the list I see books covering marketing, leadership, finances, spiritual development, emotional health, marriage, and creativity. I’m thankful for the ways these authors shaped me this year and I believe I’m better because of them.
2015 already feels to me like a year where I want to return to some of my favorite books that birthed some of my biggest dreams. There are at least 3-4 books I can’t wait to re-read that moved me for the first time as many as 10 years ago.
How about you? What were your favorite reads from the last year? Anything you’d recommend for me?